Friday, July 16, 2021

Day 11 - a few miles north of Swan River - 44 miles

603 miles done, 135 to go

I felt really depleted yesterday evening so I asked Joel for a rest or easy day. Our “easy” day started with a 5 mile, 1900 foot climb and we finished at 1pm with a total of 44 miles. I guess the easy part was the downhill and the paved road that came after the hill climbing. The bonus was a car ride to Big Fork for a fantastic egg scramble, hash browns and homemade Gluten free toast and jam.  I was going to take a picture of the food when it arrived but the service was slow and we were so hungry the plates were licked clean before I remembered. Kathy said we are eating like wolves!

We are back at the Swan Lake Campground tonight, showered and hanging out on their porch.  It is nice to have shade, table and chairs, fresh water, laundry and a place to recharge the phones.